Whole grain goodness and medicinal shitake mushrooms make this amazingly tasty Asian influenced main dish a crowd pleaser. Its ingredients offer a treasure of nutrients, pH balancing, and easy to digest hormone stabilizing properties. Full of amino acids that your body can make into nearly any protein it needs, this vegetarian dish will satisfy nearly everyone’s palate.
- 12 oz. oz. thin organic whole wheat or brown rice spaghetti or fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon organic safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons mined organic elephant garlic
- pinch organic cayenne pepper
- 3 cups sliced fresh organic shitake mushroom caps (6 oz.)
- 1 bunch organic chives, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon organic reduced sodium Tamari or Braggs Amino’s
- 1 tablespoon brewer's yeast granules
- 1 tablespoon organic miso dissolved in 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and half of the chives, cook stirring often, 1-2 minutes. Splash with tamari. Add brewer's yeast and dissolved miso. When liquid is reduced by one forth, remove from heat.
- Drain pasta; return to pot. Add remaining chives and mushroom mixture and toss. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Serve warm.